Saturday, August 9, 2008

My spiritual path with Reiki

I've been into something new lately, and I thought I would share it.  It is called Reiki.  It is a form of energy work that comes from two Japanese words.  Rei and Ki.  Rei means spiritual or sacred and Ki means energy.  Anyone can access Reiki and I believe everyone has the gift of Reiki.  Reiki can heal everything on all plains-physically, mentally, spiritually, and emotionally.  A couple years ago, I discovered Reiki online as I was searching out different natural healing methods.  The little bit I read about it that day had me hooked and I decided I needed to know more.  I bought a book on Reiki and did some more online research.  I then went to Shantel Nicole, an Angel Reader that I was referred to by a co worker.  She told me that my Angels wanted me to know that I have the ability to heal people.  This peaked my interest even more about Reiki.  I was now interested in learning Reiki, even though I knew it was going to be quite a process.  Also, living in Ogden-let alone Utah, my resources were limited.  Not everyone around me believes in Reiki.  Matter of fact, a lot of people are quite sketchy about it...like that maybe Reiki is evil.  Reiki is not evil.  It's quite the opposite.  

Earlier this Spring, Rodrigo and I decided to go have dinner at Rainbow Gardens, at the mouth of Ogden Canyon.  If you've been there, you'll know that they have a small metaphysical section with books on different holistic topics along with jewelry and crystals.  Walking through the hall, I noticed a bright yellow flyer in the hallway advertising a Reiki I class...here in Ogden!  It gave the name of a website and a Reiki Master name Lilian.  I got online and looked at her website and sent Lilian an email inquiring about the class.  Lilian and I hit it off just great.  We both thought a great way to meet each other would be for me to come in and receive a Reiki treatment from her.  I went the next day and the experience was wonderful.  I didn't notice much during the treatment, except for some hot and cold sensations associated with different areas of my body that she layed her hands on.  I also noticed I had a feeling of great knowingness that I had found something wonderful.  This was one of those times in my life where I just knew that I was in the right place at the right time.  I felt that God led me to this point in my life and I knew that Reiki is something that I am meant to do for the rest of my life.  The day after my treatment, was very interesting.  Lilian had activated and realigned my throat chakra and I noticed an huge difference with how I was able to communicate with people.  The words I was saying and the messages I were portraying were coming out so smooth.  Something that usually doesn't happen for me.  I also noticed I had an enormous amount of energy.  Physically, I felt the best I had felt in a really long time.  

Rodrigo and I signed up for the Reiki I class and were anxious to know more.  I was very excited that Rodrigo was going to be there.  I wasn't sure what to expect.  We met Lilian on a Saturday morning and luckily, there was only one other person in our class.  We started by reading about the history of Reiki and how it originated in ancient times and then was rediscovered by Dr. Mikao Usui in Japan.  We then did a chakra balancing meditation.  This was the coolest!  At the end of the meditation, my hands and my feet were tingling.  Lilian told us that this was a sign of a natural healer.  After reading and learning a bit more, we went on to the Reiki attunement.  Reiki is passed on from the teacher to the student during a sacred attunement process where the student's crown, third eye, throat, heart and palm chakras are activated to allow the flow of the "Life Force."  After the class, Rodrigo and I went through a 21 day cleansing process.  The new abundance of energy flowing cleanses on all plains-mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually.  Soon after taking the class and beginning to practice Reiki at home, I notice that my hands start to tingle when standing next to someone who needs healing.  Reiki is very useful-it's cures anything all with just laying your hands on the person with the intent to heal. And once you have the attunement, you will always have the gift of Reiki.  It never goes away.  To read more about Reiki, visit my Reiki teacher's website at www.myreikiguide.com.  Hope you've enjoyed my short story about Reiki.  I'll be posting more.

No comments:

Good Day!

Good Day!
Orange you happy to read my blog?!?!?

About Me

My photo
Hello, my name is Alison. I am currently styling hair at Dimensions Hair and Nail in South Ogden. My favorite is color. Hair is art to me and it is my passion. I love to create styles for my clients that are easy to recreate at home. If they can't do that, what good am I? Communication is key to me. I get to know my clients well, as I know their hair is a reflection of their sparkling and individual personality. Changing or updated your hair can turn a bad day right around and can give you a major boost of confidence. It's like Hair Therapy-or Hairapy. :) Come see me at Dimensions Hair and Nail in South Ogden! 801-479-6100.