Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I'm moving!!!

Saturday I took the Reiki II class and spent the day with my Reiki teacher and 2 other class mates.  We started with a really cool meditation and then we dove right into the materials.  After a lunch break, we did our Reiki II attunement-where the Reiki teacher opens up the chakras of the student to be able to channel more energy.  This is what qualifies me as the Level II.  After the attunement, we went on to practicing.  We did an exercise where we wrote down two goals/wishes.  One was to be personal and the other to be for the good of the world or community.  My personal goal was my wish to move to Portland, OR by next summer and everything that that encompassed-finding jobs, a place to live, etc.  The second wish I had was to give the American public the ability to elect the right candidate for president.  We were taught that if we did Reiki on these things that we wrote down using our new Reiki II attunement, they would start to manifest themselves. 
I have been doing Reiki on them everyday since.  

Today I came home from work and jumped onto Craigslist.com to look for rental properties.  This has been my thing to do the last couple weeks as we have been looking for a cheaper rental to move to.  One property jumped out at me-It was a 3 bedroom, 1 bath apartment in the Historic part of Ogden just a couple blocks away from The Junction and Historical 25th street with new carpet, tile, paint and appliances.  The price was only $595/month.  I called the number and spoke with the landlord and he said that he was available to show it right then. I asked him how long of a lease we would have to sign and he said he would need us out my next late spring or early summer.  (This really caught my attention because our goal is to move to Portland by then and we knew that was going to pose a problem because most people want you to sign at least a year lease-this seemed to fit all too perfectly.) I told him we would meet him within 10 minutes.  We pulled up to the property and the first thing I notice was a very large nice porch.  Good so far.  We walked in a I was quite surprised at what I saw.  It was a very cute historical type four-plex with cool arches in the entry way, brand new carpet, new paint and light fixtures/ceiling fan in the living room.  Walking through the property, I really liked what I saw.  (I'm not very good at writing descriptions of things-especially if I am very excited about them) We ended up speaking with the Landlord for a few minutes after viewing the property.  He seemed like a really good guy and the house gave me a good vibe.  It has really good energy.  He gave us an application and we drove away.  After driving around for about 40 minutes deciding what to do, we decided that we really liked the property and that we should apply for it.  We filled out the application and we called the landlord back.  Yada, yada, yada...2 hours after viewing the property, we were handing the landlord our application and a check for the deposit.  We worked out with the new landlord that we can move in about 2 weeks now, of course being contingient of the back ground check and credit check.  We also have to give our current landlord 30 days notice.  It will be nice to have about a 2 week over lapping window where we can move from one place to the next and make sure we clean up our current place well so we can get all of our deposit back.  

Wish us luck on this next voyage of moving to our next home.  I'm excited to see what else the universe has in store for us...it's looking pretty promising to me.  

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Ali,
Tim suprised me by planning a night in BeanTown tomorrow night!
I would tell you more but my Ambien has kicked in and I can't really type.

Amanda said...

That sounds great! I will have to come an see this place! Sounds like a great location too!

Good Day!

Good Day!
Orange you happy to read my blog?!?!?

About Me

My photo
Hello, my name is Alison. I am currently styling hair at Dimensions Hair and Nail in South Ogden. My favorite is color. Hair is art to me and it is my passion. I love to create styles for my clients that are easy to recreate at home. If they can't do that, what good am I? Communication is key to me. I get to know my clients well, as I know their hair is a reflection of their sparkling and individual personality. Changing or updated your hair can turn a bad day right around and can give you a major boost of confidence. It's like Hair Therapy-or Hairapy. :) Come see me at Dimensions Hair and Nail in South Ogden! 801-479-6100.