Saturday, August 16, 2008

Life is precious...

Well, we just got back from a late night at Pioneer Valley Hospital in West Valley, where Rodrigo's little brother Kahlil is spending the evening in the ICU for a prescription drug overdose.  He just barely turned 18 and he has so much to look forward to.  It makes me so sad that this would happen.  Apparently, he wasn't trying to kill himself or anything, he was just partying with some friends when he stopped breathing and started turning blue.  The two friends he was with didn't want to call 911 because they were scared that they would get in trouble with the cops.  Instead, they just tried to spray him with the hose in hope the cold water would wake him up.  What friends!!  Luckily, a close friend came by unannounced and found the 2 kids with Kahlil passed out and turning blue. He called 911 and soon after, an ambulance took him away.  We won't find out exactly what he took until tomorrow, when the blood test comes back.  Whatever it was, Kahlil took 14 pills.  It was so sad to see him lying in the ICU unconscious.  Rodrigo and I layed our hands on him and gave him a Reiki treatment.  In the last couple of months of my practice with Reiki, this is the strongest that I have ever felt it.  Even just sitting next to Rody's family in the waiting room, both of my hands became very hot and tingly.  The strongest I have ever felt it.  When I layed my hands on Kahlil, it was as if a strong flow/current of energy was pouring out of my palms.  After the treatment, we went to grab a bite to eat and then came back to say our goodbyes for the evening.  Since the Reiki treatment, he woke up for a few minutes, drank a glass of OJ and even stood up to use the restroom.  Reiki is truly a miracle.  I ask that everyone now please place Kahlil and all of Rodrigo's family in their prayers.  I know that they definitely will be in mine.  

1 comment:

Carrie said...

We are praying for you guys and Rodrigos family. Wish I was there to give you a hug or bring you a pint of Ben and Jerry's to cheer you guys up!

Good Day!

Good Day!
Orange you happy to read my blog?!?!?

About Me

My photo
Hello, my name is Alison. I am currently styling hair at Dimensions Hair and Nail in South Ogden. My favorite is color. Hair is art to me and it is my passion. I love to create styles for my clients that are easy to recreate at home. If they can't do that, what good am I? Communication is key to me. I get to know my clients well, as I know their hair is a reflection of their sparkling and individual personality. Changing or updated your hair can turn a bad day right around and can give you a major boost of confidence. It's like Hair Therapy-or Hairapy. :) Come see me at Dimensions Hair and Nail in South Ogden! 801-479-6100.