Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008

For me, 2008 started out with a feeling of slow, cold, stagnant energy. I was working as the manager at Wolf Creek and I was a little too burnt out. Rodrigo had just started a job at Parker Hanifin in the shipping and receiving department and he was way over worked as well. On top of that, it was one of the worst winters I have ever experienced here in Utah. I hated every minute of it. April came and the snow started to melt. We were happy to escape for a week to Portland, OR. I fell in love with it and since then, I have wanted to move there. It's something that I have really focused on since then. Summer came and went and brought a lot of events and fun. Work got even crazier for me and I felt like I didn't want to do it anymore. We were able to go to Alabama for a friends wedding, Park City for a few nights away during Rodrigo's birthday and this fall, we were able to go to Boston and meet up with Carrie and Tim for a couple days. Right after we got back, I felt a strong push to quit my job as Guest Service Manager. I took a demotion, and now I only work there about 3 days a week, and the rest of the time, I do hair and study about Reiki and Angels. Rodrigo is still at his current job and I feel he would like a change soon as well.

2008 was an awakening for me. I found out a lot about myself and what I want and don't want in my life. Spiritually, I've have grown the most I have ever grown in one year...and I haven't even stepped foot inside a church. Below is a list of a few things I've learned...

1-I definitely enjoy working to live more than living to work.
2-I've learned to release fears about money and not having enough it to my angels...since then, I have had plenty-(even after taking a 60% pay cut and a demotion at Wolf Creek!).
3-I've learned that I can create my own reality of positivity, happiness, peace and joy just by meditating.
4-I've learned to ask for help.
5-I've learned to accept the help that I've asked for.
6-I've learned that alcohol is an awesome way to drown out the voice of God and my higher self. I'm not into it that much anymore.
7-I've learned that over eating is also a great way to drown out the voice of God and delay myself from completing my life purpose.
8-I've learned that I am really tired of the mundane life that a lot of people around me live. I feel like I can't stay in the same place anymore. I want to travel, learn and meet other people like me who are into the same things as I am. If going on a walkabout was possible for me...I would do it.
9-I've learned that accepting what is going on in the world is not good enough and it won't settle with me...it's time to make a change.
10-I've learned that we are what we eat. Eat in the light!

Tonight at midnight, I plan to think about everything I would like to manifest for 2009. Just to kind of set the tone and my expectations for myself for this coming year. I challenge you all to do the same. If you hold the intention of peace, love prosperity, happiness and health in mind at midnight tonight and throughout the year...you also have the ability to manifest what you truly desire. Here's to a great 2008 and an even better 2009.

2 comments:

It all began here said...

Ali, how old are you? You are wise beyond your years, I am glad to have your influence and wisdom in my life.

love you most~

Lilian Lllanos said...

Alison, I wish you all the success acomplishing your goals for this New Year. Thanks for joining the Reiki classes and bringing all that enthusiasm to us. I am happy to know you have grown so much during the last year. You should be very proud of yourself.

Good Day!

Good Day!
Orange you happy to read my blog?!?!?

About Me

My photo
Hello, my name is Alison. I am currently styling hair at Dimensions Hair and Nail in South Ogden. My favorite is color. Hair is art to me and it is my passion. I love to create styles for my clients that are easy to recreate at home. If they can't do that, what good am I? Communication is key to me. I get to know my clients well, as I know their hair is a reflection of their sparkling and individual personality. Changing or updated your hair can turn a bad day right around and can give you a major boost of confidence. It's like Hair Therapy-or Hairapy. :) Come see me at Dimensions Hair and Nail in South Ogden! 801-479-6100.