Monday, September 14, 2009

Mutant Message Down Under


I just finished the BEST book. Mutant Message Down Under. It's about a woman's journey through the Outback with a tribe of some of the most beautiful people on this planet. The concepts in the book are so eye opening...yet are very clear and plain as day. I highly recommend you read this book. It's a fairly quick read...and trust me...it will change your life. Here are the main things that really settled into my heart as I read.

1-The concept of releasing attachment to wordly possessions and beliefs. The minute we start to do this, is the minute that we move into actually "being."
2-We are all healers...and we are perfectly capable of healing ourselves and each other. I find it really unsettling to know about some of the harsh realities of the relationships between some doctors and their patients. The words.."I'm sorry, there is no cure...you are going to die" is heard WAY TO OFTEN in our world today. How do they know there isn't a cure to illness, cancer and disease?!? They just haven't bloody found it yet!! Also...the concepts of Reiki, accupuncture, light therapy and good ol fashioned positive thinking being just too "new" to rely upon in a bunch of absolute crap. These are some of the oldest healing modalities and techniques in the Universe! If we all just quit poisoning ourselves, and actually held a positive thought once or twice daily, we would no longer need a "health care" reform. Insurance would no longer be needed...and we would be healthy, happy, whole people.
3-Let's stop taking more than we need. And let's stop wasting precious resources. It's taking a tole on our planet.
4-The art of silence, mediation, and quieting our mind is the STRONGEST form of communication we have with the Gods. How can we listen and receive our answers when we are constantly talking? Next time you say a prayer, try silencing your mind for 5 minutes. You'd be surprised at the impressions you receive. This is actually Divine guidance.
5-Let's lift each other up and celebrate the gifts that each of us bring to the table. We are all tiny pieces of the puzzle...so why do we compete? We are one.
6-And last but not least...the importance of giving thanks. For every single thing. Let us all start and end our day with a prayer of gratitude. Here are the things for which I am completely grateful for today...

The words of encouragement i received from my Aunt Debbie this morning. The food that I was blessed in consuming. The nourishment and strength that I received from my food. The people that prepared my food. The animals that contributed to the dairy products I ate. The plants that contributed to the food that I ate. The roof over my head. The car that I drive. The very clothes on my back. A warm bed to rest in. The freedom of being who I am...without getting burned at the stake! The water that I drink and the ocean that it came from. Stones and crystals. My clients who lift me up and support me so that in return, I may give back and serve them. My health. My awareness. My enlightenment. The rain and the cleansing it brings. My family.

2 comments:

Finding my way said...

Ali, I am astonished at the wisdom you posess. You are so wise beyond your years. You have learned and embraced things most never come to know. How deep your mind goes and how vast the love you have for all. I am proud to be your Mama.

Katie Oyler said...

Alison! I am so happy that I know someone who feels the same way about things that I do. Especially #2. You said exactly what I think. You truly are an inspiration. Thank you.

Good Day!

Good Day!
Orange you happy to read my blog?!?!?

About Me

My photo
Hello, my name is Alison. I am currently styling hair at Dimensions Hair and Nail in South Ogden. My favorite is color. Hair is art to me and it is my passion. I love to create styles for my clients that are easy to recreate at home. If they can't do that, what good am I? Communication is key to me. I get to know my clients well, as I know their hair is a reflection of their sparkling and individual personality. Changing or updated your hair can turn a bad day right around and can give you a major boost of confidence. It's like Hair Therapy-or Hairapy. :) Come see me at Dimensions Hair and Nail in South Ogden! 801-479-6100.