Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Robert Daniel Searle

18 years ago yesterday, my father, Robert Daniel Searle left this world. I was only 6 years old when he died.

Last night, he came and visited me in a dream. It was a very real, powerful dream. I truly believe it was not only a dream-it actually occurred-somewhere in another realm.

I was standing on some steps to a giant church with a great crowd swarming all around me. I was waiting for someone, but I didn't know who. Just then, I saw my dad walking up the steps through the crowd to meet me. When he reached me, I gave him a big hug. He looked exactly like he does in the few pictures I have of him. It was kind of funny, because his look was outdated. But it's how I remember him, so I'm sure that is what he thought would be most comforting to me. The hug was the thing that stuck out to me. It was a kind of hug that I think all little girls should get from their Daddy. It was fulfilling and I remember it warming my heart. (I still felt it when I woke up!!) This was a hug that I have never experience in my life. We then had a long conversation, where he proceeded to give me a lot of information about my life. This is the part of the dream that I don't consciously remember. I wish I did!

Rest in peace Dad! I love you!!

2 comments:

It all began here said...

Love you Ali~

Carrie said...

I'm glad you had that dream! Love you.

Good Day!

Good Day!
Orange you happy to read my blog?!?!?

About Me

My photo
Hello, my name is Alison. I am currently styling hair at Dimensions Hair and Nail in South Ogden. My favorite is color. Hair is art to me and it is my passion. I love to create styles for my clients that are easy to recreate at home. If they can't do that, what good am I? Communication is key to me. I get to know my clients well, as I know their hair is a reflection of their sparkling and individual personality. Changing or updated your hair can turn a bad day right around and can give you a major boost of confidence. It's like Hair Therapy-or Hairapy. :) Come see me at Dimensions Hair and Nail in South Ogden! 801-479-6100.