Friday, January 9, 2009

Orange

If I could describe myself in a color this week, I think it would have to be the color Orange. I have a lot of really positive energy and I feel at peace with my life. I'm happy, I feel I constantly have a smile on my face. I love where my life is heading. I feel an awakening has occurred inside me and I'm ready to be done with negative energy. One thing that I've noticed this doing is creating a major contrast in my life. I am noticing a lot of people around me are depressed, unhappy, frustrated and sad. Now, I know I'm only 23, and I haven't experienced a whole lot in life, but if there is one word of advice that I can offer, it would have to be-QUIT LABELING YOURSELF AS SUCH. The more you tell yourself that you "Suffer from depression," the more you will suffer from depression. I challenge you to really look at your life and think about all of the things we say we are or aren't. If everyone put the energy to saying positive things about ourselves with positive affirmations, WE HAVE THE POWER TO CONQUER ANYTHING!!!! Imagine taking the labels we create for ourselves, the fears, the bad memories and pulling them as if they were a weed, you can use your imagination and watch them shrivel up into nothing. Release yourselves from this self made prison and live the life that our Divine Father intended us to live-Happy, Joyous, and Fulfilling. We were not put on this earth to suffer-we were put on this earth to lead lives of enrichment. Live your life in balance-if you work too much, take a day off for you and really notice and give thanks for the things that bring you joy. Breathe. If you relax too much, get your butt up off the couch and get some fresh air!!! It's amazing what Oxygen does to our bodies...it's amazing the clarity we can receive when we get fresh air. If you feel your life is too noisy with the hustle and bustle of being a parent/sibling/grandparent/boss/employee/friend, escape to somewhere quiet and clear your mind. Retreat. Experience the peace within. Experience Divine Love. Change your life!!!

I am reading a great book right now....it's called "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh. I highly recommend it. Here is a small excerpt from it...

Peace is every step.
The shining red sun is my heart.
Each flower smiles with me.
How green, how fresh all that grows.
How cool the wind blows.
Peace is every step.
It turns the endless path to joy.

2 comments:

It all began here said...

what does this mean?

Albie said...

sorry...i hit a wrong button and I wasn't finished. :)

Good Day!

Good Day!
Orange you happy to read my blog?!?!?

About Me

My photo
Hello, my name is Alison. I am currently styling hair at Dimensions Hair and Nail in South Ogden. My favorite is color. Hair is art to me and it is my passion. I love to create styles for my clients that are easy to recreate at home. If they can't do that, what good am I? Communication is key to me. I get to know my clients well, as I know their hair is a reflection of their sparkling and individual personality. Changing or updated your hair can turn a bad day right around and can give you a major boost of confidence. It's like Hair Therapy-or Hairapy. :) Come see me at Dimensions Hair and Nail in South Ogden! 801-479-6100.