Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My life as a Guest Service Manager

Guest Service Manager.  That is my title at my job.  Sounds simple, but it's really not.  I started at an entry level position making reservations as a Reservations Agent two years ago this December.  I played my cards right, put my time in and got promoted fairly quick.  This December will be 1 year as a manager.  I am in charge of all the guest service agents, reservations, and setting the standard for our service level.  Basically, I run the daily operations of our reservation/guest service team.  I respond to complaints, set goals for my team, coach employees and today I even sent home an employee for wearing something inappropriate to work for the first time.  I'm also in the process of trying to promote one of my employees to be my assistant.  I will actually have an assistant. (Ok, well we really will call the title a "Lead Reservation Agent", but still, she will be just like an extension of me). We have a job fair on Saturday and I will also interviewing dozens (hopefully!) of applicants.  It's weird for me to have a grown up job as a leader in a company that puts so much faith and trust in me.  The little company for which I work for is well on it's way to being a giant company.  The opportunity in this company is endless!!  The people who I work for are wonderful.  They are compassionate, understanding and have been my advocate when things have not gone so good for me at work. If I don't like the way something is going, I tell them and they change it.  Don't get me wrong, there are days that I feel like running away and jumping the next plane to anywhere but Wolf Creek Utah, but they definitely sure know how to butter me up to staying, and actually feel good about staying.   

Go Wolf Creek Utah!  A great place to work!  :)

2 comments:

Finding my way said...

Ali, you have been an exemplary employee at every job you have had. From the first piece of chicken you served up at age 14 to the Wolf Creek Guest Service Manager today. You have an incredible work ethic, you are intelligent, dependable, creative and have so much integrity. I am proud of the young woman you have become. You also, should be proud of yourself.
Love, Marcupial

Carrie said...

Your awesome Ali. I would be happy if my girls turned out as well as you have!

Good Day!

Good Day!
Orange you happy to read my blog?!?!?

About Me

My photo
Hello, my name is Alison. I am currently styling hair at Dimensions Hair and Nail in South Ogden. My favorite is color. Hair is art to me and it is my passion. I love to create styles for my clients that are easy to recreate at home. If they can't do that, what good am I? Communication is key to me. I get to know my clients well, as I know their hair is a reflection of their sparkling and individual personality. Changing or updated your hair can turn a bad day right around and can give you a major boost of confidence. It's like Hair Therapy-or Hairapy. :) Come see me at Dimensions Hair and Nail in South Ogden! 801-479-6100.