Thursday, September 25, 2008

Back to the grind...a few small thoughts

So as you all know, we moved about 2 weeks ago to downtown Ogden. We are now only 2 blocks away from the Solomon Center where the downtown Gold's Gym is located. I've had a membership there for about 4 years. I'll admit, I haven't been that dedicated and committed to going to the gym, but now since I live only 2 blocks away from it, I think I'll try to start going regularly. Rodrigo and I went in last night and we added him to my account. It was only $12 more per month to add him! We just got back from our first night of going to the gym together and I feel great! We both ran 3 miles and then we sat in the sauna. I feel so refreshed and so good about myself. Our goal is to go 4 times a week. Wish us luck! By the time we get where we want to be, we are going to be quite the little hunks!!

This time next week, we will be in Boston, MA probably fast asleep from a busy day and a night of traveling across the country. I'm so excited to get away for a week. And I'm so excited to see Tegan and Sara!! This will be our third time this year seeing them live. This is their last tour with their album "The Con" and then it's back into the recording studio for them!

I'm still having a hard time adjusting to the mentality of certain people at work. The demographic of people that we market to are quite the opposite of me! It makes it a little hard to relate too. Even the people that I work for, they all own secondary vacation homes, own like 2 or 3 different cars, and live lavish lifestyles. Me on the other hand, live in Ogden and pay less then $600 for my rent, drive a Honda Civic with a $200 car payment, ride my bicycle around Ogden, hang out at dive bars on the weekends, and buy clothes from places like Ross and Target. I don't think anyone at work really know about the sleeve of tattoos I'm hiding underneath my pressed button up collared Wolf Creek Utah shirt. Somehow, I'm suppose to relate to these people on some certain level. It's very strange for me.

Well, enough for tonight...I must finish Eclipse!!!

No comments:

Good Day!

Good Day!
Orange you happy to read my blog?!?!?

About Me

My photo
Hello, my name is Alison. I am currently styling hair at Dimensions Hair and Nail in South Ogden. My favorite is color. Hair is art to me and it is my passion. I love to create styles for my clients that are easy to recreate at home. If they can't do that, what good am I? Communication is key to me. I get to know my clients well, as I know their hair is a reflection of their sparkling and individual personality. Changing or updated your hair can turn a bad day right around and can give you a major boost of confidence. It's like Hair Therapy-or Hairapy. :) Come see me at Dimensions Hair and Nail in South Ogden! 801-479-6100.