Saturday, November 8, 2008

Stay Positive

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." -Eleanor Roosevelt

So just an update...I'm sure a lot of you know that I've put my notice in for my position at Wolf Creek. As of December 1st, I will no longer be the Guest Service Manager. My plan was to quit there, find a part time job somewhere in Ogden and then just pick more days up at the salon. Well, the person who I am training for my position has offered me a part time job-still at Wolf Creek-but just as a reservation agent. I'm going to be working about 3 days there. It worked out for both of us-I'll still be her training wheels, and I have a position that still pays a lot more than any other little part time job I could have worked at. The REALLY good part about it, is they are still considering letting me keep my benefits. Win-Win for EVERYONE! YAY!

Part of picking up more days at the salon is having to rebuild my clientele. This part is definitely what I love to do! It involves A LOT of networking and hard work. I'm pretty much taking a blind leap of faith-knowing deep inside that this is the right thing to do. I'm sure a lot of people think I am crazy for walking away from a position like the one I have at Wolf Creek. But the truth is, just because you make good money and have great benefits doesn't mean that life is perfect. I wasn't staying true to myself and I proven to myself just what Greed can create in ones life...complete misery. My life was getting pretty depressing. I feel a sense of relief from it even knowing that I'm taking about a 60% pay cut. I have faith that the universe will provide me the clientele I need to survive in today's day and age.

Whatever your intention is, will manifest itself into your life. My intention is prosperity...in all aspects of my life.

3 comments:

It all began here said...

Oh how wise you are. love you als.

Finding my way said...

My beautiful intelligent girl. It boggles my mind to be a witness to the wisdom that you have at such a young age. You have got your head on straight, you know what is right. You know what is wrong, and you move forward from there. You have taught me so much, and still to this day continue to teach me. I love you Alison and could not ask for more from my daughter.

Carrie said...

You cut my hair better than anyone else!! You rock at that so I know you will build up your client base in no time.

Good Day!

Good Day!
Orange you happy to read my blog?!?!?

About Me

My photo
Hello, my name is Alison. I am currently styling hair at Dimensions Hair and Nail in South Ogden. My favorite is color. Hair is art to me and it is my passion. I love to create styles for my clients that are easy to recreate at home. If they can't do that, what good am I? Communication is key to me. I get to know my clients well, as I know their hair is a reflection of their sparkling and individual personality. Changing or updated your hair can turn a bad day right around and can give you a major boost of confidence. It's like Hair Therapy-or Hairapy. :) Come see me at Dimensions Hair and Nail in South Ogden! 801-479-6100.